- Today, before you say an unkind word, think of someone who can’t speak.
- Before you complain about the taste of your food, think of someone who has nothing to eat.
- Before you complain about your mate, husband or wife, think of someone who’s crying to God for a companion.
- Before you complain about your children, think of someone who desires children but cannot have them.
- Before you argue about the size or cleanliness of your house, think about the people living in the streets.
- Before whining about the distance you have to drive to work, think of someone who walks the same distance on their feet.
- When you are tired and complain about your job, think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your job.
- Before you think of pointing the finger or condemning another, remember that not one of us is perfect and without sin.
- And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down, put a smile on your face and think: you’re alive and still around.