- One third of all agricultural land on the planet has been lost, polluted or turned into desert.
- 50% of all the world’s forests have been destroyed in the last 50 years.
- Only 3% of the world’s water is fresh and all of it is polluted to a greater or lesser degree.
- The rapid depletion of the ozone layer — a 10% increase in the overall depletion from 1969 to 1991, leading to an increase in the Greenhouse effect.
- The effects of global warming are already here with a 1/2 degree increase already in the last 30 years. At this rate scientists predict that by the year 2030 whole pacific island nations will disappear under water.
- There will be more cyclones, blizzards, droughts and tidal waves, according to the scientists.
- Skin cancer is increasing at an alarming rate.
- The fish stock is diminishing.
- 35,000 people die each day of starvation.
- Frogs are disappearing worldwide.
- The planet itself has been condemned. The mechanisms for causing this are many and varied but basically include–
- Gross dramatic changes in climate, economies, politics, geography, populations, resources, relationships…
- Nuclear wars
- Massive geographical catastrophes
- Widespread diseases
- Starvation on a world wide scale
- Financial, political and social collapse on all continents. World economic depression from which there will be no recovery will occur.